Secure and Stabilize the #WFH Experience Within Your Business for the Long Term
Improve the collaborative experience when working from home, and secure and stabilize the #WFH environment for your team
In our changed world – where employees are sequestered, physically disconnected, and working remotely – that’s when they need a stable, secure and collaborative work environment the most. As Gartner indicated in a recent study of CFOs nationwide, 74% intend to shift some employees to remote work permanently, and that 41% of employees are likely to work remotely at least some of the time post Coronavirus pandemic.
But that’s also when collaborative leadership can be the most difficult – YOU are also working from home. The situation is not easy, but there are some simple strategies you can adopt to make it easier. In this blog, we’ll focus on two areas: (1) Quick tips on improving the Collaborative experience when working from home, and (2) Securing and Stabilizing the #WFH environment.
Your employees need to feel that you are present, accessible, and available, so when you are not in the building, your technology needs to keep you securely connected. At AllConnected, we can recommend several ways to make your work-from-home environment secure and productive.
Tips to Improve Collaboration when Managing Teams From Home
Strategies to Secure and Stabilize your Remote Workforce for the long term:
Furniture and seating aside, your home office should be separate from your home distractions, free of clutter, and as much as possible, similar to your work office.
Your PC desktop, or laptop with docking station, should have the same applications and connect directly to your company network, the Internet and video services.
Try to maintain the same visual display as in-office setups to maintain productivity. If you use dual monitors in the office, set them up for the home office.
- Better multitasking: Multitasking requires adequate screen real estate to keep multiple priorities in view simultaneously. Customer Service or web design tasks become easier if you can “lock” tasks to specific places on your visible screen without resizing windows to fit the limited screen space.
- Enhanced Productivity: Dual monitors increase productivity by 20-50% by reducing the time switching back and forth between tabs. This is especially important for cutting and pasting, and comparing data for coders, media editing and administrative tasks.
- Simple, powerful security from Network to Endpoint: Delivers 802.1x wired port authentication and Wi 802.11ac Wave 2 WiFi for fast and reliable connectivity.
- Self-configuring, self-optimizing, self-healing: When plugged in, the Z-Series automatically connects to the Meraki cloud, downloads its configuration, and joins your network. In case of WAN IP address changes, the Z-Series self-heals by re-establishing the site-to-site VPN tunnels using the new IP address. Also, if a supported SIM card is installed or a 3G/4G modem is connected and primary WAN uplink connectivity fails, the Z-Series will automatically failover to cellular.
- Auto VPN: Connects to your network via a single click without any command line configurations or multi-step key permission setups. It automatically tunnels, hole punches, sets up route tables, and establishes the IPsec connections, completely eliminating the complexity seen in traditional site-to-site VPN solutions.
- VOIP: Depending upon your phone configuration, you may be able to set up your company VOIP phone to function through the POE port.
|Cisco Meraki Z3|
|Recommended use cases||Teleworker with VOIP or PoE, IoT, and M2M|
|Recommended clients||Up to 5 devices|
|Stateful Firewall Throughput||100 Mbps|
|Maximum VPN Throughput||50 Mbps|
|WAN Interfaces||1 x GbE RJ45 1 x USB (cellular failover)|
|Wireless (wi-fi)||Dual-band 802.11ac Wave 2 radios 2×2 MU-MIMO, up to 1.3 Gbps data rate Supports up to 4 SSIDs|
|LAN Interfaces||4 x GbE|
|PoE||1 x PoE enabled port (802.3af, 15.5W)|
|Licensing (annual)||Enterprise license Meraki Insight*|
Your employees need executive leadership whether you’re in-office, on-the-road, or working-from-home. As you adapt to the new business environment and implement effective WFH communication, consider how a comprehensive WFH solution will drive productivity and satisfaction. Remember to include:
To get started on your Executive WFH environment, fill out the fields below.